Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 11 : Paleo Challenge

I am feeling good, actually...REALLY good.  I have been eating "clean" for 11 days (with one small cheat - a piece of cake at my "farewell party" at work because I am switching teams in the company).

Here is a breakdown of everything so far

Day 1-2: Awesome! I can do this!

Day 3-5: Dragging, Hungry, Tired... I felt VERY hungry on day 3-5.  In retrospect I was not eating enough, I actually am allowed carbs, but just in the form of fruit or squash..not bread or cake.  On my lowest day, I gave in and had a delicious piece of chocolate cake.. Nummy..until it wasn't and made my tummy all grumbly.  After that I haven't had as much craving for sweets (maybe my cheat was actually a blessing in disguise).  I struggled at my crossfit workouts, too..but I got through them

Day 6-today - I have been staying healthy and feeling great.  I don't have any "crashes" in the day.  even when it is dinnertime, and I am hungry, I don't have that crankiness that goes with it.  I am alot happier... I giggle with my kids more, have energy to just play with them.  I also haven't had my "hives" (which those of you who know me well happen all the time when I am happy/sad/have a glass of wine/whatever).   Overall things are going REALLY well.

Overview of Challenge Point System (per day):
1 point: Hydrate:  Wake-up - drink 12oz water (I get points for that!)
5 points:  Eating Clean (deduct 1 pt for every cheat meal, deduct 2 for alcohol consumed, deduct 1 if you don't have 4 meals)
3 points: Exercise (3points per day for a workout)
1 point: Stretching( 0.5 points for every 15 min - up to 1 pt)
1 point: Sleep (0.5 points for 4-7 hrs, 1pt for 8 hours)

Here is a sample of what I eat
Meals
- Bfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs with either veggies or meat and black coffee
- Snack: nut bar
- Lunch: Chicken/Pork and a lot of veg
- Dinner: Beef and veg (Very similar to lunch)


Results so far:  My clothes are already looser around my legs and belly.  I have lost 4 lbs and already see a noticeable difference... This helps with the whole process :)

I have a feeling that, although I may not be strict paleo the rest of my life..this will have a huge impact on me eating healthier for the rest of my life.  I haven't felt this good in a while.

Here are some interesting articles that may be worth a read:
 
Here's a post from Whole9 about Crossfit Stamford first Paleo Challenge ever back in 2010!








No comments:

Post a Comment