Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Graves disease: Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine

Today, I got some acupuncture and some herbal remedies.  The Dr. I saw said that Graves disease cannot be treated without Western medicine, but Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture helps that process along.

Basically, she looked at my tongue and said two things - one it is red on the tip meaning my liver is "on fire" and there is this fissure there which is an excess in phlegm.  She suggested acupuncture twice a week and herbs to cleanse my liver.

I did the acupuncture, and although strange, I felt good.  I got kinda sleepy an felt generally relaxed.

As for the herbal remedy..they are sitting next to me and I still don't know what to think of them.

I asked my colleague who was born and raised in China - he said it is common to use combination of western & chinese medicine to cure/help all sorts of diseases.  He looked at the medicine and researched it a bit and said it looks good - no side effects.

I am still not sure what I will do.  Am I just messing with things?  Or will this help... tough to decide..

No comments:

Post a Comment