Friday, June 8, 2012

Surgery Cancelled...now what?

I went to the endocrinologist today and we talked thru all the options.  She said she is OK with giving a low dose of the methimazole (which I may or may not be allergic to - or it may have been too high a dose).  I will be taking 10mg a day, whereas before I was taking 40mg a day.    She also wants me to take a zyrtec with it..

I cancelled my surgery for Tuesday, I will start taking the medicine today, and in two weeks I go back to the doc to see how my liver is doing.  If it is bad or has gotten worse in anyway, then I go off the meds and schedule a surgery (she said I could wait until September as long as I stay on propanalol.

The next two weeks are full on health mode, hopefully some acupuncture (some say it works), and the new meds.

I feel really good about this decision.  Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well in the next two weeks..

No comments:

Post a Comment