Monday, September 19, 2011

Birthday Weekend - No sleep

I haven't written a post in a while because we had a busy few days.  My family came to down and we had 2 birthday parties, so I could not keep up with any reading and de-cluttering let alone writing about it.  Hopefully now things have slowed down because the birthday weekend has passed..

It was a good "happy" weekend though (even though it felt busy)!  I got to spend time with my family - they came up to visit for my daughters 2nd birthday!  It is so great to see my daughter playing with my nieces and nephews - she loves being with them so much! Another benefit: with the kids playing so nicely together, it actually gave me time to talk to my Mom, Dad, Sister, and Brother-in-law!  We hung out on our patio with a firepit, the kids went out on the boat with my husband and father-in-law AND we just played around the house for most of the time.

The bad news - my daughter has decided to wake up for 1-2 hours in the middle of the night for the past 1.5 weeks.  She isn't getting sleep, we aren't getting sleep - and it just makes for a very tired family!  All of this means that no matter how early I go to bed, I always feel tired with low energy...

On Sunday, we had the kids birthday for my daughter at a little gym in the area.   She had fun playing with her friends and eating pizza and cupcakes..but we barely avoided a big meltdown halfway into the party (I think she was just exhausted from no sleep and alot of play).  The gym was a great place for the birthday because I didn't worry about them running around AND the gym sets up and cleans up - Whew!!

I took some pictures of our weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment