Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Just keep swimming"

I was on such a good kick of focusing on this project and staying up to date with my day-to-day activities, but life got a little crazy there for a moment.   Between work, Dr's appts, a date night (woo hoo!) and being on parental duty by myself a two nights and days this week - there wasn't a ton of time to keep reading the book (let alone blogging about it)

The plus side is I got a lot checked off of my "To-Do" list (1 Pediatrician appt, 1 Dr. appt for me, haircut, date night with hubby)... Both my little ones got gold stars at Dr. appointments.  My (almost) 2 year old did really well at her check-up and the little baby in my belly is doing really well too!  The downside? I haven't really been able to get to the next step in decluttering.   My closet is still whispering to me "come and clean me up!"

Instead of dwelling on what I haven't done, I just keep telling myself - like Dory from Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and give myself a pat on the back for actually doing some things new that I wouldn't have before..

On the daily log front, today I went to the play gym with my little girl.  She started out a little bit grumpy - saying only one sentence for about 1 hour "No, Mommy, No!"  (in her timely fashion the terrible two tantrums are starting 1 week before her 2nd birthday), but by the end she was in a great mood and super-sweet.  She is napping as we speak, so I will publish this, order my daughter's birthday present and start tackling that closet asap :)

Maybe, just maybe, the next chapter of the book will be read tonight OR if I really can conjure up some new energy I will go out for a girls night! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment