Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Think Happy Thoughts

We have an Au Pair (Jenny) that takes care of our daughter while we work.  She is amazing with her and it really makes it much easier for me to go to work knowing that she is in such good hands.

One of the things I really love about Jenny is she is great at keeping us updated with what happens while we are at work.  It is hard not being there for every event and the feeling that I am "missing out" or I am a "bad mommy" for going to work.  Today was one of those days - it was my daughters birthday celebration at school.  She brought in a book to donate (school tradition) and cupcakes for a snack.  They made her a little birthday crown and sang her "Happy Birthday"  She was so excited to go and be with the kids, too.  Jenny took this picture before they left and sent it to me.

Today could have been a day where I focused on negative, wishing I was there and giving myself a "bad mommy" guilt trip, but because I am focusing on being happy and I look at this picture and see how happy my daughter is.  I am now thinking:

"I am a good mom - my daughter is happy, she is being well taken care of while I am at work!  This picture makes me happy, too:  even though I am not there, I still get to see the things I miss in-person"

I think I found a new commandment to add to the existing 8:


  1. Play more/Laugh more
  2. Live Healthy
  3. Don't let fear make decisions
  4. Follow Thru
  5. No day but today
  6. Be Positive
  7. Love more
  8. Phone family and friends
  9. Think Happy Thoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment