Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend: Mommy/Daughter time & Chapter 1 Reading:12 Commandments

This long weekend I had a lot of Mommy/Daughter time because my husband was gone for most of it weekend two-overnight sailing event.   It was a lot of fun just being able to do things with her - like go to the playground, the beach, and have playtime with some of her friends. I really savor those times with her considering I get to do them too little with me working a lot during the week.  The only downside?  My hips were KILLING me from being on sole duty and lifting her up/walking/playing and generally not resting.

This weekend also let me spend sometime with good friends (one of the things I need to work on)!  A close friend came out from the city to spend some time with us which was sooo nice!  She was my travel buddy in Australia and we reminisced about some of our favorite times.  This type of night always puts me in good spirits!  We went over to another friends house for dinner - Thai take-out - Yummy!

I also managed two playdates with friends (one at a playground, one for breakfast) - which is a nice combo of playtime for Mia and normal talk for Mommy :)

In between all of the above, I actually got to read the first chapter of "The Happiness Project" and I swear it could have been written by me (except I am not leaving on the upper east side, I am not a writer and I do not have two daughters - only 1 :))...  Basically, this woman has everything on paper: A great husband, great kid(s), a great job, nice house, financially stable - a perfect formula for perfect happiness.  She acknowledges how lucky she is (and so do I), but there is still this small space missing, but she just can't put her finger on it.  She starts with setting out 3 things

1) Her 12 commandments (what she needs to live by)
2) Secrets of Adulthood (what she knows about being an adult)
and
3) Resolutions that she will focus on Month by Month (her first will be "Boost Energy")

So, I think to get started on my Twelve Commandments and what Resolution to focus on first..

Here are my initial thoughts on my 12 Commandments- I will definitely need to fine-tune them:

  1. Play more/Laugh more
  2. Live Healthy
  3. Don't let fear make decisions
  4. Follow Thru
  5. No day but today
  6. Be Positive
  7. Love more
  8. Phone family and friends
I am still thinking about the rest....



No comments:

Post a Comment