Thursday, September 1, 2011

Morning Hugs, Hectic Work days, Giggly Dinner

While waiting for the "Happiness Project" to arrive (estimated arrival is tomorrow), I had a good day today.

My daughter woke up and first thing she said is "I want to give Mommy a big hug" and then she gave me the biggest hug EVER!  *my heart melts every time*

Work was hectic but still managed to have some laughs with colleagues at work, commute was LONG with lots of traffic, BUT I walked in the door and my daughter and husband had just come back from a walk. My daughter was in the best mood and we laughed a lot because we role played "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!"   It is a cute book about how you are always supposed to say "No!" to the pigeon as he tries different ways to get you to allow him to drive the bus.  My daughter always says very seriously "No pigeon, you are nawt to drive the bus"!  So cute and funny.

I did take one step towards working on something I know that makes me tick - catching up with old friends.   I caught up a bit with some friends over IM and made plans for this weekend.  I also made time to talk over the phone with my college roommate (this is something I rarely do).  It is so nice to actually talk to people and I need to make an effort to do this more..

No comments:

Post a Comment